I’ve been on the search for a really good chocolate chip cookies recipe for ages. After a few trials and errors and the thumbs down from my very discerning 7-year old Cookie Monster, I finally found the perfect recipe that is easy, packed with flavour, and just the right amount of crunch with a more-ishly soft centre. I know to you want in on this recipe too so let me share it here today…
you’ll find the full recipe after the jump. Let me know if you give it a try!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES – Makes approximately 42 medium-sized cookies (or 40 in my case – I can’t resist cookie dough!)
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar*
- 1 cup packed brown sugar*
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecan nuts
* my husband thinks they’re a bit too sweet, so you could reduce the sugar to a total of 1 ½ cups if your tooth is not as sweet as mine!
- preheat oven to 175 degrees C (or 350 degrees F)
- Cream together the butter and sugars until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water, add to the batter with the salt, combine.
- Mix in the flour then stir in the choc chips and nuts.
- Drop large spoonfuls onto baking trays, bake for about 10 minutes until the edges are browned.
- Allow to cool before removing from the trays.
all photography & styling by Megan for Dressed By Style©